The Lordís Taverners Australia, ACT Branch Scholarship Scheme for young aspiring athletes with a disability provides funding to such athletes who are residents of the ACT and its region who are registered with an ACT sporting organisation. It is designed to help them achieve their long term sporting goals.
Up to $7500 will be available annually over the next two years. The number and value of individual scholarships will depend on the number and cost of proposals but the scheme will be flexibly managed to maximize participation.
The scholarship period is 12 months, from 1 January to 31 December 2013. The timeline for the election process is outlined below:
*Closing date for applications - Friday 14th September 2012
*Assessment of applications and Short listed applicant interviews - October 2012
*Announcement of successful applicants - 31st October 2012
Who is eligible for assistance?
* Scholarships are available for athletes who are currently residents of the Australian Capital Territory and its region who have a disability and are registered with an ACT Sporting Organisation.
* All disabilities are eligible for assistance.
* Athletes in the age group 12 Ė 20 will be considered for eligibility
The following selection guidelines will be used to assess each application on relative merit. Please note that the criteria outlined below should not be viewed in isolation, as all selection guidelines will be considered.
1.If you are currently competing in sporting events
o You must have clear achievement goals for the next year.
2. If you are not currently competing in sporting events
o You must have clear competition plans for the next year
3. If you are receiving current funding assistance to participate in sport
o You must be prepared to provide all details
4. Successful applicants must agree to abide by the conditions of the scholarship which include attendance at designated functions and meetings.
For further information about the Lordís Taverners Scholarships for Young Athletes with a Disability, please contact:
Events & Professional Development Programs Officer
100 Maitland Street
Hackett ACT 2602
Phone: 6247 0260
Fax: 6257 3018